2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat & Scat Pack Widebody First Drive: Against the Current
Sonoma, CA - The Dodge brand is aware that it’s swimming against the current in the present automotive environment and it even cites a study that show 97% of consumers are not interested in the Charger. Instead of trying to please a wider audience by compromising, Dodge simply decided to focus on pleasing the other 3%, the die-hard enthusiasts. This is the kind of reasoning that pleases us, and it delivers surprising results.
While the powertrains remain unchanged for 2020, there are aesthetic and structural changes for these, the most powerful models in the Charger lineup. For starters, physically, the car is more imposing.
We should start by specifying that the Widebody version is now standard on all Hellcat models and optional ($6,000) with Scat Pack versions. How do you recognize a Widebody model? Via the built-in wing flares that add a 8.8 cm body width and create space for the new 20-inch carbon black forged wheels mounted on wider, stickier Pirelli 305/35ZR20 tires.
There’s also a new design for the grille with wider slots for better ventilation. Then there are new side sills connecting the front and rear fascia to help amplify the overall bigger design, as well as a new rear spoiler on the Hellcat version, designed to create an aerodynamic balance, a new design for the front end and new two-part SRT Hellcat logos, available in satin chrome.
For those looking for exclusivity, Dodge commemorates the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Charger Daytona with a special 50th anniversary edition that will be sold in only 50 units for Canada. Paying tribute to its design heritage, the 50th Anniversary Charger Daytona features a unique "Daytona" trunk lid and back decal with matching spoiler.Read more